- The sale of a family-owned, local dealership with multiple locations to a national chain of automobile dealerships.
- The acquisition of three office buildings in Columbia, Maryland, and placement of financing through conduit lenders. Two of the buildings were acquired as part of a Section 1031 tax-free exchange.
- The acquisition of an office building on behalf of a non-profit organization, and financing of the acquisition and renovations with state grants and tax-exempt bonds. Since the acquisition, Barry has successfully litigated an exemption from real property taxes on behalf of the client.
- The acquisition of a 60-acre energy storage facility with access to barge, rail, and truck transportation. The transaction involved the assemblage of properties and several complex lease transactions.
- Representation of a community hospital in several medical practice acquisitions and negotiation of exclusive service agreements with physician practices.
- The sale of a portfolio of seven large land parcels to a national homebuilder.
- Over 75 leases for a national fashion retailer.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1983) Order of the Coif
- University of Virginia (B.A., with distinction, 1980)
- State of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Greater Baltimore Committee, Leadership Program, Class of 1994
Practices & Industries
News & Insights
Honors & Awards